A Blog Post in partnership with GABA
Thank you all so much about the wonderful response on our socials about my new partnership with GABA Malta and about my blog about my new journey with organic products . We are thrilled about your interaction and interest!
Very often when people hear the word ‘gold’, they think of traditional yellow gold, as we see in the simple wedding bands worn by so many. However, the world of gold is varied, with many different styles of gold which offer a wide range of options when it comes to choosing what suits your own style best. The options are limitless and with the artistry by talented jewellers, custom-made pieces are also very popular.
Photography: Bernard Polidano Make Up: Natasha Polidano Venue; FINO Showroom
Here’s a brief of the types of gold available on the market.
Yellow Gold – yellow gold is created by mixing pure gold with silver, copper, and zinc. It’s the purest colour out of the golds and is also the most hypoallergenic. I learn that it also requires the least maintenance.
White Gold – Rhodium makes white gold more durable by covering the softer yellow gold alloy and with an additional protective layer. Since rhodium is expensive, it can add to the price of white gold jewelry and make it more expensive than yellow gold jewellery.
Rose Gold – this is a gold that has been rising in popularity, especially when it comes to jewellery for women. It’s a gold which is alloyed with gold, copper, and silver and is also known as pink gold. It’s more affordable than other golds as it uses inexpensive copper to get its rose colour. Currently I have a huge soft spot for rose gold pieces! But that’s me 😉
GABA only offers 18kt gold in its range, nothing less and nothing more. What does this mean? Well, it equals to 75% gold content (18 divided by 24, where 24 is pure gold). The other 25% usually consists of other metals such as zinc, copper, silver etc. The additional metals in 18 kt gold serve to make the alloy harder and more durable than pure gold (24kt) which is too soft for jewellery.
In this blog I would like to show you two looks, one is the way we styled this pale gold dress from Mangano with some stylish pieces from GABA and the other is a green dress also from Mangano which was styled by Sue Satariano by layering various jewellery pieces. Love the look!
Some fashion rules which apply to wearing jewellery or fashion for that matter
Let each piece have its own spotlight.. As you’re wearing an eye-catching colour, which will definitely make a statement, make sure not to over-accessorize your outfit. Be careful not to overdo it, or it’ll be hard to know just what kind of look you’re going for, and a “statement” will be the last thing you end up making.
Don’t be afraid to mix! Do you believe that just because you’re wearing a gold piece in your outfit, you’re not able to wear silver, bronze or copper jewellery? Wrong! Old-fashioned individuals might feel otherwise, but in this modern day and age, it’s no longer a fashion faux pas to mix metals. In fact, it’s actually a fashion statement. Try shaking things up by pairing your gold clothing with some sterling silver or platinum jewelry and enjoy the effect. Sue at GABA is the perfect person to ask for assistance as her fashion sense is absolutely spot on with the times. She herself is also really fun once you get to know her and you can tell that this life in jewellery is her passion! Her eyes sparkle when new stock is in and she is explaining all the details! Same goes to Lee and Wayne, the brothers and all the team at the outlet. They love what they do and it breathes through the brand.
Often gold dresses will come in a shimmering or sequin form. In order to stay on the sophisticated side of sexy, watch where your neckline falls so that the overall effect isn’t overwhelming. Try finishing your outfit off with simple accessories to complement the sparkly gold. Also think about the hair style. If you wish to have a clean look and show off your new jewellery items, I do recommend pulled back sleek looks like the one here in this shoot.
Gold (or silver) accents can direct the eye where you’d like it to go… Got a particular curve you’d love to highlight, or perhaps an area of your body you want to draw attention away from? A shiny, beaded gold waistband or belt is a powerful way to accentuate your waist and add some points of interest to your outfit. This is a versatile way to embrace what works for you and for your body. I could go on forever but I have to go out to some meetings and prepare for my daughter’s birthday party on Friday. Love you all!
Stay tuned for more updates in partnership with GABA!
Hope you enjoyed this blog feature – Look forward to sharing more in partnership with GABA