Hi everyone! 3 weeks ago I received a pretty package from Clarins Malta – a selection of products to try out! I am a fan of this French luxury skincare and cosmetics brand so of course I was curious and more than happy to review these 5 products this Spring! Melita Health & Beauty currently have a Clarins Promotion Week running between the 3rd and the 8th of April 2017 and I will explain today what is on offer!
• Eye shadow palette Smokey 05
• Instant Concealer 01
• Pink Cranberry Lipstick 32
• Clarins Contouring Palette (Limited Edition)
• Hydra-Essentiel SPF 12 Moisturiser
I collected my goodie bag from Melita Health & Beauty in St Julians, where Clarins know I go regularly to shop and to have my make up done quite often, to find all these full-sized samples waiting for me! So here are my thoughts about them after trying them out a few times and I am still using them ….
1) Clarins Instant Concealer 01
1. Concealer provides medium to full coverage of dark circles while also brightening the undereye area. It wears well for several hours without creasing or fading, and doesn’t emphasize pores or fine lines. I dabbed it on gently with my fingertips, working from the inside to the outside to blend in the texture. You may also if you wish apply it with your foundation brush. The liquid formula comes in a squeeze tube, and has a slightly creamy consistency. It applies smoothly, never tugging or dragging across the skin, and it’s very easy to blend.
2. Clarins Contouring Palette (Limited Edition)
The great thing about the Clarins Face Contouring Palette is that the beauty house has really thought of everything: from a highlight, contour and blush, to a facial contour skimming brush – it is all there at your fingertips, making this ideal for beginners like myself and/or those short for time. I have to mention that the typical of Clarins, the ultimately classy, golden compact, that encases all three powders is housed with a large mirror – again really adding to the user-friendly aspect of this kit. Basically if ever you have considered purchasing an all-in-one face sculpting kit and you have a light to medium complexion, this is one that you may want to consider. With this trio set, a matte illuminator to brighten dark areas, a powder to sculpt and chisel, a fresh blush for a healthy glow, these three shades alone allow you to create a sculpted look that enhances and highlights your features.
3. Clarins Smoky Palette 05
Good news ladies if you’ve been loving the 4-Colour Eyeshadow Palettes that Clarins has launched a few months ago: the brand has just released another palette for Spring 2017! And no, it’s NOT a limited edition! This palette features a frosty white, a shimmery light grey, a luminous medium grey and a soft black with a satin finish. The formula is ultra smooth and the black is surprisingly easy to blend. I love that it comes with a guide on how to use this smokey palette – this is a must for a non make-up professional like me, I need all the help I can get. Do you know how to apply a nice smokey eye? I found all the shades are highly pigmented, even without a primer. Also, they can be applied wet for a super intense colour payoff. Personally, I don’t think it’s necessary. Judge for yourself :
4. Clarins Cherry Red Lipstick
Clarins reinterprets the codes of shine with a graceful, modern touch with this new lipstick range for spring 2017. I’m lucky to have received the Cherry Red one. I am a huge fan of red lips at the moment. I even hit the gym in red lipstick sometimes! I normally choose semi-permanent lipsticks just because I don’t like to re-apply many times once I leave the house but this shade is lovely and leaves the lips moisturised too.
5. Clarins Hydra-Essentiel SPF 15 Normal to Dry Skin Moisturiser
Last but not least this moisturiser. I normally use the Super Restorative Day Cream but this is really nice. It is a cream thick in texture, so if you do not like thick moisturisers, this might not be your type. It really hydrates the skin. Just dipping into it to put on your face is touching quality that is not greasy nor shiny. I quite like it and will use it on days when I don’t wear heavy makeup and want a natural look with glow from the moisture on my skin.
PROMOTION: CLARINS WEEK AT MELITA HEALTH & BEAUTY
My friends at Melita Health and Beauty have asked me to inform you that between Monday 3rd April and Saturday 8th April, Melita Health and Beauty are offering these incentives.
• Gifts with Purchases over 80 Euro
• Gifts with purchases on make-up, 20% off on all Clarins (Skincare, Make-up. Mens’ and Suncare)
• Skincare experts available daily for advice and assistance.
• A Clarin’s make-up artists in attendance on Saturday for free make-overs
So pop in if you are interested to try out these products too and upon purchase please tell them that you saw a feature on my blog!
Blogger at www.graziellecamilleri.com