I am an emotional person. I love things which have a story to tell. I love listening to stories – family stories, relationship stories, friendship stories – they just make me feel so connected to a person or a time or a place. So the whole concept of a simple bracelet that starts out plain and then, as time goes by gets the shape the owner of that bracelet’s life with its own meaning is something that I totally grasp and endorse.
I’m sure you all know the brand Chamilia by seeing them online or in Malta at one of the 202 Jewellery Emporium in Malta and Gozo. Well, this Christmas, I am very happy to be starting a New Chamilia Story at this special time in my life and I will be sharing it with you from now and into 2017 so you get to experience it through my eyes and my heart!
Chamilia charms and jewellery are synonymous with our passion for living and for creating special moments that last for a lifetime – Love, Milestones, Passions, Special Moments, Relationships and Inspirations reflected in the type of charm we choose. So are you ready to see what I chose?!
To begin with, as a bracelet I had a choice of different types but I chose the Silver Snap bracelet, which is sleek, simple and flexible as opposed to the stiff bangle type ones.
My First 5 Charms
1. I picked the Footprints – Pavé Baby Feet Charm because I’m happy to be a mum of a two year old baby girl called Luna. My joy, my inspiration in life, she is my sunshine and makes me want to be the best person I can be everyday. She was born in October 2014 and has brought a new meaning to my existence. Those of you who are parents, understand what I mean so this charm is perfect for me.
2. I wanted something that reflects my patriotism – my pride for my country of origin. I’m very fond of our tiny little island Malta in the Mediterranean because despite our miniscule size, we have a lot to be proud of on many levels, and I am just proud to Maltese. So this Maltese Cross Charm with our cross and “Malta” engraved on it secures that love on my wrist.
3. Then I picked Cinderella’s Slipper with the Blue Swarovski Charm because as a woman I love shoes, my father’s business for several decades was in the shoe business and also like Cinderella I feel like I’ve been blessed to have found my handsome prince in life, a prince who is now my husband.
4. To represent the blog and my passion for fashion and shopping for beautiful things, I picked the pretty handbag with the engraving “I love shopping”.
5. Last but not least, since this story starts in December, I chose one of the Christmas Collection charms with the engraving “Believe”. It is something I often tell you. When you truly believe in yourself and give all your passion into something, you will be fulfilled and successful in life. So this has a special place in my heart too.
One thing I really love about these bracelets and beads is that you can find something for almost any budget or price range. There are starter sets and themed sets if you’re not sure what to buy, but you can also get really personal and create something for a very special for someone you care about.
These are the first 5 charms I picked and I will be sharing the ones I add on as I go along.
Hope you enjoyed this experience with me and if you are thinking of a gift for your special friends or loved ones, well this is one good way to go!
In Malta they are sold exclusively by 202 Jewellery in Sliema, Valletta, Fgura and Gozo
Keep following my blogs at www.graziellecamilleri.com
Interesting facts about Chamilia
Chamilia the brand was founded in New York in 2002 as a bead company, and since its purchase by Swarovski in 2013, has bloomed into a leading brand of charms and jewellery designed for women to accessorize with a special meaning. The whole concept is to tell your own story.
Each charm piece is created with love with a mix of old-world techniques and modern cutting-edge technology. Using only the finest, quality metals – solid .925 sterling silver and 14K gold – the dedicated Chamilia teams create beautifully detailed jewellery almost entirely by hand.
Accented with Swarovski Crystals and Zirconia, they radiate with unsurpassed brilliance and their price bracket is extremely affordable.
Photos: Justin Ciappara Photography